Terms of Service
The Overte Foundation & AvaCon, Inc., ('Conference Organizers') arededicated to running a successful OpenSimulator Community Conference2013 which fosters discussion and camaraderie that celebrates thediversity of the OpenSimulator community. By accessing theOpenSimulator Community Conference Grid, you agree to and accept theseTerms of Service. If you do not so agree, you should decline thisAgreement, in which case you are prohibited from accessing or usingthe OpenSimulator Community Conference Grid.
The following topics are only the Highlights of our Terms of Serviceand related policies and shall not be construed as being the actualTerms of Service. Please familiarize yourself with the full policieson our website, located here
- Code of Conduct.Disruptive behavior is not acceptable, and any actions disturbingto attendees, speakers and presenters, or to the performance of theconference grid may result in the user being permanently disconnectedfrom the conference grid. All users are subject to the OpenSimulatorCommunity Conference Code of Conduct, as published here
- Content Appropriate for All-Ages, General Audience.The OpenSimulator Community Conference is an all-ages, generalcommunity event, therefore, no user may upload or display content thatwould be inappropriate for children or a general audience.
- Photography & Videography Policy. There will bephotographers and videographers present at the conference; byattending the conference virtually, you consent to having your avatarphotographed or recorded. To view the full Photography & VideographyPolicy, seehere
- Right of Refusal.AVACON, INC. RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REFUSE REGISTRATION FOR ANY CAUSE,OR REVOKE THE CONFERENCE PASS OF ANY ATTENDEE FOR JUST CAUSE. PERSONSVIOLATING THE LAW OR CONFERENCE POLICIES MAY BE EJECTED FROM THECONFERENCE, AND MAY BE REPORTED TO THE POLICE OR OTHER LAW ENFORCEMENTOFFICIALS IF WARRANTED.
- Registration Legal Agreement.By registering for the OpenSimulator Community Conference 2013, allattendees, speakers, sponsors, and other conference attendees agreedto the Registration Legal Agreement.
Attendees acknowledge that the OpenSimulator server software onwhich the conference will be hosted is in the 'alpha' stage ofdevelopment, and therefore it is possible for technical difficultiesto disrupt the conference proceedings from time to time during theevent. AvaCon and its associated event partners and serveradministrators will make a good faith effort to minimize any suchdisruptions, but all parties acknowledge that disruptions or even acomplete failure of the OpenSimulator software shall not result inAvaCon's liability or delay of performance under this Agreement. Toview the full Registration Legal Agreement, see:here